- Please go to the Write to Learn website to begin the process.
- Your username is generally the first initial of your first name and then your last name.
- Your password is your OSIS number.
- See me if you are having trouble logging in.
- Once you have logged in, click on the assignment called "Letter to an Author". Here you will have space to begin a letter to Greg Mortenson. After you write a first draft, the program will give you feedback so that you can write a well-revised letter! How cool and exciting.
For your formal, business style letter, please follow these instructions:
Paragraph 1: Introduce yourself (where you are from, your school, etc.). This should be a lengthy account of who you are. 5-7 sentences.
Paragraph 2: Tell Mr. Mortenson what you liked about Three Cups of Tea, what you learned from it, and a favorite quote. This paragraph should be very detailed and specific. 5-7 sentences.
Paragraph 3: Ask him three respectful questions.
Then close your letter by thanking him and inviting him to our school :).
We will be working on this for a few blog sessions. Be sure to save your work on the Write to Learn website.