This week we will determine our grades and then fight against bullying.
- As you know, I am using a program called Engrade to calculate your grades. Please go to the Engrade website to register and see your grades.
- Now please answer the questions below in Google Docs:
- What did you enjoy about class this marking period? Why? Please refer to specific activities, projects, workshops, etc.
- What didn't you enjoy and why? Please be specific.
- Do you feel you have changed in any way as a result of your participation in this class? If yes, how?
- Were there any activities/projects/topics that I didn't cover that you want us to cover?Which ones?
- What can I do to make the class better for you (aside from no homework)? Please be specific.
- What advice can you give to your classmates to make their experience in this class more meaningful?
- Where are you doing community service? How many hours have you done so far? What have you learned or gained from volunteering?
- Fill in the blanks..."From class this marking period, one thing I will take is _______________ and one thing I will give is ________________."
When you finish...we will use our blog to fight against bullying.
Please visit this wonderful PBS website.
While you are there, you can find answers to the questions below.
- What is bullying?
- Who is a bully?
- Who is a target?
- How can you handle it?
- What are innocent bystanders?
- What is online bullying?
Also, please do the following:
- Play the interactive games on the website to beat the bully!
- Vote in their poll on the homepage
Finally, here are some other great websites to visit. Check them out and write a review of you three favorites in the comments section of our blog. Then check out what your friends wrote about the other sites.