Today we are going to be learning about the Civil War and President Lincoln, important elements of our upcoming play, The Whipping Man.
Please do the following activities. Post your answers as a comment to this blog post, but please type them in Microsoft Word first.
- View this video, The Civil War in Four Minutes. Take notes and write down what you learn.
- Read The Emancipation Proclamation.
- Listen to The Emancipation Proclamation. Write your reaction to it.
- Imagine you were a former slave living in 1865. You have just been freed by President Lincoln and then you learn that Lincoln has been assassinated (April 15, 1865). Please write a diary entry after you get this news about how you feel, what you fear, and why.
- When you are finished, read another students' post and respond to it.