As you know, very strict immigration laws were passed in Alabama. Below are the videos we watched in class yesterday.
I asked you:
- What do you think this law is about?
- How does the law and news around it make you feel?
- What should we do about it?
Today, please do the following:
- Please listen to this podcast (clicking on the word podcast).
- Please read this opinion article (click on the words opinion article).
- Then go to the NY Times Learning network to participate in their student poll on this topic. Here you will have a chance to share your views on the Alabama law (click on the words student poll).
- Finally, in Google Docs, answer the questions above. Label your document Blog 1, Alabama.
- Post your answers to our blog in the comments section.
- Go back to the comments and read two classmates posts. Write a response to each in which you tell them:
- What do you like about their post?
- What did you learn from their post?
Go Human Rights!