- This week we will be finishing the final draft of our Welcoming Stories.
- Remember that this draft will be graded as a test.
- Follow Irina's instructions:
- Remember, you're telling your story about your experience of coming to America, and within your story, you are transitioning to a sub-story about someone that welcomed you. You're leading with your main story (coming to America), and then telling a sub-story (story of someone that welcomed you and helped change your life).
- Make sure your main story and sub-story meets all of the checklist criteria:
1. Do you have a strong hook for introducing your main story?
2. Does your main story of coming to America follow a strong story arc?
3. Does your main story of coming to America address the WWWWWH?
4. Do you use rich details and help the reader visualize your background, how you came to America, the circumstances about your last day in your country/first day in America, what you were feeling?
5. When you transition into your sub-story about the welcoming person, do you have a strong hook?
6. Does your sub-story about your welcoming person have a strong story arc?
7. Does your sub-story about your welcoming person address the WWWWWH?
8. Do you use rich details and help the reader visualize your welcoming person--their physical traits, their personality, etc? You may want to describe their voice, their personality, recall something specific they said to you. Talk about your feelings and how their actions made you feel.
- Make sure your entire story addresses all of the above criteria!
- When you have finished, print your story and email your story (file-email as attachment) to:
- Irina (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Eagle Tech partner
Be sure that you email it as an attachment, not a link. If you don't know how to do this, ask! File-email as attachment.
I will count these final drafts as a test grade for the second marking period.