This week we are going to begin a series on Bullying and preventing it.
Before we do, just a few Community Service notes:
- Saturday, October 13 2012Location: Pier 63 at West and 24th Streets right next to Chelsea Piers.We need route marshals, bike handlers and more to make sure the event runs smoothly! Visitwww.DoubleUp4Vision.org/volunteer to see the list of opportunities and to sign up help create a great day.
- SAGE October 20, email email@example.com
- Sunday, October 21, First Person American screening at the Queens Museum of Art, 5PM
Watch the video. Then in Google Docs, create Blog 3.
1. What is your reaction to this film and why? (add to blog 3)
Now watch this film called "Break Bullying".
2. What is your reaction to this film and why? (add to Blog 3)
Not in our Schools recommends the following steps to prevent bullying:Six simple solutions:
- If you are being bullied: tell them to stop, get away from the situation, and tell a trusted adult.
- If you see someone being bullied, be an upstander: Tell the person to stop, get a trusted adult, reach out and be friends.
- With your children: Listen and support your children. Work with the school to be sure your child is safe.
- In Your School: Learn and help train all adults and youth on how to recognize and respond to bullying.
- With Others Who Care: Start a Not In Our School Anti-bullying Club where youth lead in finding solutions.
- In Your School and the Entire Community: Create an identity-safe climate where all people are respected.
3. Do you think these steps are realistic? Effective? Why? (add to Blog 3)
4. What on this list are you doing? (add to Blog 3)
Now post your answers to these four questions as a comment on our blog.
Then read two classmate's posts and tell them what you learned from them.